Fedora 3 Reinstall and Evolution email....

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 01:06:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:01:50 +0000, David Amos
<dave at marvinthemartian.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Thanks to everyone for replying to my earlier post about IPW2200 driver
> issues, and MySQL...
>
> Have decided that I am going to reinstall Fedora, and upgrade the
> kernel, then install MySQL 4, and the IPW2200 drivers however here is
> the part I am slightly unsure off...
>
> I am running my email using Evolution, and want to back up the mail, so
> I can restore all how it was, before the reinstall...
>
> I briefly checked the help file, but am unsure as to what I need to back
> up...
>
> I only need to backup the mail storage itself....
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dave

Hi Dave,
If you backup the .evolution folder in your home directory, that will
be more than enough.  You can poke around in that folder if you really
want *just* your mail and nothing else.  Looks like there is a mail
folder off of that.  If you did not do it to begin with, I recommend
having a seperate /home/ partition, so you can wipe out or re-install
or do whatever to your system while still keeping your data intact.
That way, you don't have to worry about what to back up, you can keep
it all.  If you want your mail settings too (addresses and servers,
etc), then backup .gconf/apps/evolution/ as well.

Jonathan