Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jan 20 01:51:46 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 19:58, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
>On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 06:45:09PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Anyway, I did get it to go past DD finally, and the install then
>> proceeded just fine, till it got to openoffice at the head of cd
>> #2. It reported the media was full and aborted the install, so I
>> rebooted
>
>???
>
>Did you run mediacheck on that CD?

Yes, all of them passed

>If it passes, can you repeat this crash (at the same point of
> installation)? Are you 100% sure your RAM isn't flaky?

I wouldn't call it a crash, it ran out of disk space, but didn't tell
me which disk, and I've inspected the whole drive now, and it has
lots of free space.

>Can you repeat this if you let DD auto-partition your drive (yes,
>I'm aware you don't agree with DD regarding partition, we're just
>trying to reproduce the crash at this point)?

That was my next test, tommorrow when I'm a bit fresher.  I've turned
it off for the night now.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)