Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1 - a correction

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Jan 20 03:36:54 UTC 2005

Robert Spangler wrote:

>>  Actually, in my case (as I said) I wanted to preserve
>>  my Windows installation on hda1,
>>  and I couldn't see any indication whether "automatic partitioning"
>>  would preserve this or not.
>
> It won't.  You need to do this manually.  It tells you that you will lose
> all data on the disc.

Well, it doesn't tell you that when it offers the choice.

Do you mean that _after_ you have opted for automatic partitioning
you are then told how dangerous it is?
How is one meant to know that this warning will be given?

It's like having a notice telling you not to open the computer
which you don't see until you open the computer.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366