upgrade from 8.0; linuxconf

Rory Barnes rory at hindmost.LPL.Arizona.EDU
Thu Jan 20 03:38:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 08:06:58PM -0700, Rory Barnes wrote:
> > error reading information on linuxconf: no such file or directory
> > install exited abnormally.
>
> Linuxconf is no longer part of the distribution. I'd suggest "rpm -e
> linuxconf" before trying the upgrade.

this gives me:
error reading information on service linuxconf: No such file or directory
error: %preun(linuxconf-1.25r7-3) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

i tried uninstalling any linuxconf i downloaded. and move /etc/linuxconf
to linuxconf.old. but got the same error when trying to upgrade.