Mouse and KVM

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jan 20 05:46:55 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 22:32 -0700, David Mamanakis wrote:

> "Is your mouse and KVM a PS/2 type (little round DIN connector) or USB?"
>
> PS2, Logitech Trackman Marble.
>
> "Also, does the mouse continue to work on your other non-FC3 systems attached to
> the same KVM?"
>
> Yes, all of my windows boxes (except the Win98 machine) connect to the KVM and
> work fine while switching...

---
The archives are full of this topic...

but to shorten your search

edit /boot/grub/grub.conf to something like...

title Fedora Core (2.6.10-1.741_FC3)
 root (hd0,0)
 kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.10-1.741_FC3 ro root=LABEL=/ psmouse.proto=bare
 initrd /initrd-2.6.10-1.741_FC3.img

Note that 'psmouse.proto=bare' is on the 'kernel' line. This will kill
the scroll wheel and the ability to use the 'middle button paste'
features but does promote mouse sanity on Belkin and other less than
optimal KVM

Craig