Acessing external hard disk and flash card reader

Sheo S Prasad ssp at CreativeResearch.org
Thu Jan 20 08:27:24 UTC 2005

Your help in the following problem will be greatly appreciated.

I have a dual Opteron with 64 bit Fedora Core 2 as the Operating system.
Attached to the machine is a USB hub with Epson Scanner, Samsung
Printer, Compact Flash card reader and an external hard drive.

 From the hardware information (/etc/sysconfig/hwconf or Infocenter) I
see that  peripherals external disk, flashcard and printer are
recognized. However, neither the /etc/fstab nor the /etc/mtab has any
mention of the hard drive and the flash crad.

The operating system let me configure printer. BUT I am unable to find a
way to mount or use either the external hard drive or the flash card. I
have spent one and a half day but cannot figure out what to do.

Please help.

--
Sheo
(Sheo S. Prasad)