Incorrect MD5SUM

Jorge Fábregas fabregasj at prtc.net
Fri Jan 21 00:25:58 UTC 2005

On Thursday 20 January 2005 3:13 pm, Kam Leo wrote:
>  One of the problems in the past was that Download Manager
> would download a file into the temp directory and then copy
> the file to the destination folder

I'm wondering what's behind this. What is the logic reason for downloading
first to /tmp and then move it to desired location?  The only thing I can
think of...is to prevent users from working with the file (copying, moving
it, reading it..) while it is being downloaded.  Then I don't know if it's
konqueror I don't remember..they just started saving the file in desired
location but putting a suffic ".part" or something like that to let you know
it is not done.

Jorge