Plextor PX-712SA + FC3

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Jan 21 01:50:52 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 21.01.2005 schrieb Robert J. Carr um 2:16:

> I apologize if I'm sending this to the wrong place but I've been
> running FC3 x86-64 for quite a while now and I just have a single
> problem.

No worries, you are right here.

> As I said, I've been up and going for a while now (currently running
> kernel 2.6.9-1.667) and when installing everything was perfect.  I
> have a shuttle box with a built in SATA controller that was detected
> perfectly and installed onto a SATA hdd without a single problem.

You are not running the latest kernel. Please update. This a) fixes
possible root exploits and b) may solve your problem with the SATA
drive. The current one is kernel-2.6.10-1.741_FC3.

> However, I also have a SATA DVD writer, the Plextor PX-712SA, and I
> cannot get it to mount.  It posts in the SATA BIOS, and it also works
> in windows, so I know it isn't a (defective) hardware issue.

Any /var/log/messages entries when trying to mount CDs in the burner?

> Robert

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.9_FC2smp
Serendipity 02:47:53 up 6 days, 10:10, load average: 1.07, 0.95, 0.97