Error artsmessage popup

Dennis Shaw dennis at dragondeveloper.com
Fri Jan 21 02:30:10 UTC 2005

ok... when I boot up FC3 x86_64, Kernel 2.6.10-1.741, on a fresh install
I get an error message saying "Sound server fata error: cpu overload,
aborting". I then of course went looking for my sound config files. All
I can find in KDE is "Multimedia Systems Selector". I have ALSA selected
for both Default sink and Default source. The test works for both of
them. When I try changing it to anything else the selector crashes. My
soundcard is a Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1. What's weird is that
sound seems to be working just fine.

Any suggestions from the smartest list on the web?

Dennis