64 bit ati driver problem under FC3 x86_64 (long)

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jan 21 04:13:17 UTC 2005

Thiago Guzella wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:37:58 +0200, Markku Kolkka <markkuk at tuubi.net> wrote:
>
>>The AGPGART driver is built in the kernel in FC3, it's not a
>>loadable module. That's not really the problem, at least 2D part
>>of the driver should work without AGPGART.
>

> Ok, that makes sense; i thought it was compiled as a module...
> Actually, i don't think agpgart is the problem, as the driver has a
> built-in agp module...

More of a question from curiousity related to the agp=off option that
Dave mentioned earlier, can you issue this option as a parameter for the
kernel, then load the module mentioned by the referenced website? (If
you have an agp directory and the needed module.)

I did the s part of your description and had no modules listed in agp
directory. I don't even have such a directory. There is a drm directory
with these module though.

i810.ko  i830.ko  i915.ko  mga.ko  r128.ko  radeon.ko  sis.ko  tdfx.ko

Jim

--
"THIS time it really is fixed. I mean, how many times can we
  get it wrong? At some point, we just have to run out of really

	- Linus Torvalds"