gnome-pilot

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jan 21 05:13:19 UTC 2005

I waited for the new kernel to try to work through problem getting my
Kyocera 7135 (Palm phone) to sync via USB to gnome-pilot

# cat /etc/udev/rules.d/10-udev.rules
KERNEL="ttyUSB1",SYMLINK="pilot"

# cat /etc/udev/permissions.d/10-udev.permissions
pilot*:root:usb:0666

It works fine from command line using pilot-xfer such as
$ pilot-xfer --backup /home/craig/pilot
backs it up
$ pilot-xfer -L
lists the files on the pilot

but after making sure that all gpilotd/gpilotd-applet are killed off, I
run from command line
$ /usr/libexec/gpilotd
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.12 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.8
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: bonobo_activation_active_server_register = 0
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/pilot)

but it never connects.

so I kill that and relaunch the gpilotd-applet and try to 'get from
pilot' the identity and that never works.

Does anyone have Palm working on FC-3 with gnome-pilot?

What's the secret?

Craig