Using Red hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) at home

Lelegard Thierry Thierry.Lelegard at nagra.fr
Fri Jan 21 14:07:02 UTC 2005

"Scientific Linux" (https://www.scientificlinux.org/) is a free clone of
RHEL, without the copyrighted logos. Quote: "Our main goal for the base
distribution is to have everything compatible with Enterprise". Here,
"Enterprise" means RHEL but they absolutely refuse to write "Red Hat"
anywhere. SL is rebuilt from the RHEL SRPM's (they are public).
SL is maintained by various physics labs around the world (Fermi, CERN,
etc) and is used for all their massive computing.
-Thierry