Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Jan 21 17:57:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 09:08, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 00:49 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > If you have another Linux machine on the network you can speed
> > up installs and avoid CD issues by doing an NFS install.
>
> If (like me) you have no NFS experience, using FTP or HTTP works just as
> well. Fast and easy.

But for that you have to unpack the isos.  With nfs you can just
download the isos somewhere, burn the first one or make a USB
boot drive image and you are set.  Generally if you are testing
through a set of betas, you can rename the iso files to the next
version, use rsync to quick update them and the same boot CD will
install the next beta/rc/final so you don't need a new one until
the next release cycle.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com