sudo and console user

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Jan 21 18:48:21 UTC 2005

On 01/21/2005 10:30:40 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 06:16:33PM +0000, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> > Is there a way to restrict sudo to the console user?
>
> I'd suggest setting up the program with consolehelper instead, and
> skip sudo
> altogether.

Can not do. At least not in this case.
eject HAS to be done by root (I even tried with 777 permission on the
actual device node to see if there was any hope of doing it through /
etc/security/console.perms) - and needs to be done without any kind of
password - it's called by gtkpod when gtkpod exits.

I certainly don't want to run gtkpod as root via console helper.

Unless I'm not understanding console helper?