3ware 9000 series SATA RAID and FC3

Frank FIR at Frank.net
Fri Jan 21 19:23:34 UTC 2005

After having trouble with other brands, I have settles on 3ware 8500
series SATA raid controllers for use with Fedora Core 3, and have
several systems running with it.  They installed easily and run well.

Last week I ordered one more and my supplier told me that this series
has been discontinued, replaced by the 9000 series.  I've googled to see
if this series is supported by the same, built-in driver that is
currently working for me on FC3 32 and 64 bit installations, but without
any answers.

Has anybody got a 3ware 9000 series SATA RAID card in use with FC3?
Does it use the same 3ware driver built into the distribution?

Frank.