KDM instead of GDM on FC3

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Sat Jan 22 06:45:48 UTC 2005

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> Pete Choppin wrote:

>>> Add:
>>>
>>> DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"
>>>
>>> to /etc/sysconfig/desktop.
>>>
>>> - J<
>>>

>> Ah yes.. thanx a million
>>
>> PC
>

> As easy as the switch from GDM to KDM might seem, it woudl be nice if
> Fedora offered a little GUI for this.

Previous RH versions used to give you the option, on login, to make KDE
your default session. Fedora, for some reason, removed it, and now you
have to use the "switchdesk" command to get KDE as default. It looks
like they are going in the reverse direction as to what you're suggesting...

--
Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student