Fwd: strange strange problem! (please help!!)

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 22 19:53:54 UTC 2005

David Hoffman wrote:
> Is it possible that you might have some symlinks in your "me"
> directory and when you are copying files you might be actually copying
> more than the 21Gb you think are there?

Globe Trotter replied:
> Not that I know of. Is it possible to figure this out?

find /usr/local/me -type l -ls

I still think you ought to be copying stuff over subdirectory by
subdirectory, and checking to see which one gets so much larger.

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | "We've just been contacted by the Lady of the Lake."
Exeter    Devon    UK | "Really? What does she want?"