Monkey Bubble for FC3?

Phillip Compton pcompton at proteinmedia.com
Sat Jan 22 23:26:37 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 18:04 -0400, Steven Garrity wrote:
> Does anyone have Monkey Bubble (http://home.gna.org/monkeybubble/)
> running on FC3?
>
> I couldn't get it to build (not sure what the problem was there -
> probably my own fault), and the only FC3 RPM I could find
> (http://fedora.multikabel.nl/pending/fedora/2/i386/RPMS.stable/monkey-bubble-0.3.2-0.fdr.3.2.i386.rpm)
> gave these dependencies:
>
>          libcrlayeng.so.1 is needed by monkey-bubble-0.3.2-0.fdr.3.2.i386
>          libcroco.so.1 is needed by monkey-bubble-0.3.2-0.fdr.3.2.i386
>          libcrseleng.so.2 is needed by monkey-bubble-0.3.2-0.fdr.3.2.i386
>
> However, I already have libcroco and libcroco-devel installed.

I tried for a while to get a consistently working build for fedora.us on
FC2 (the above link is probably one of the attempts) and eventually
threw in the towel. A build in one clean chroot would work for a while,
and then begin locking up. A build in another clean chroot would always
lock up at start up.

I figured I'd wait for the next upstream release before trying again.
Unfortunately it has been quite a while now. If anyone want to see if
they can get it working on FC3 (I only tried it on FC2), the SRPM is at:
http://download.fedora.us/pending/fedora/2/i386/SRPMS.stable/monkey-bubble-0.3.2-0.fdr.3.2.src.rpm

Phil