Mailman + squirrelmail ONLY through https://

Andrew Schaffner linux.als at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 04:08:29 UTC 2005

Friends,

I hate to ask this -- but I can't get my http.conf right ...

I want all squirrelmail and mailman links to be https://

I found this on the web:

RewriteEngine On
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteCond   %{SERVER_PORT}  !^443$
RewriteRule ^/secret(.*)$ https://www.domain.com/secret/$1 [L,R]

I've tried so many different combinations of alias and redirects that
I just have to give up and I have to ask

The /webmail It works great for http but I get all kinds of errors
trying to switch it over to https
The /mailman starts off in https but reverts to http on any subsequent
link. I realize the mailman.conf file does not include subsequent
links but I'm stuck :-)

I would be grateful if someone would even post a link with an example
that I could follow. I'm looking for the K.I.S.S. solution to this :-)
I have root access on the webserver.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

---- This is the mailman.conf file if necessary ---
#
#  httpd configuration settings for use with mailman.
#

ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
<Directory /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/>
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
<Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/public>
    Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

# Uncomment the following line, replacing www.example.com with your server's
# name, to redirect queries to /mailman to the listinfo page (recommended).