alternatives to the 'man' command

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 08:32:40 UTC 2005

Hi

> Why did this functionality desappeared in Nautilus and Yelp is beyond
> me, but I surely miss having a nice broser-like GUI to navigate the man
> pages... I hope they re-add the feature to yelp and/or Nautilus (or RH
> writes their own... which I doubt).

yelp has some fundamental changes in the backend and the man/info page
support was not  readded. However gnome 2.10 in FC4 will likely have
this functionality since its supported as a configuration option but
disabled by default in upstream. I will ask in the devel list if
redhat is planning on enabling it or not

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram