FC3: MB and CPU temp/ other Sensors

David Niemi drn_temp2 at rogers.com
Sun Jan 23 13:41:05 UTC 2005

I have read the documentation on the LM_sensors to no avail and the
sensors man page doesn't help much as well. Searching the archives
hasn't helped nor other web pages that I managed to find.  Also as I see
a slightly older version of sensors has been installed I tried the
listed commands to try and get the sensors to monitor especially my
CPUs.

I have Dual Nacona 3.2 GHz Xeons on an ASUS NCCH-DL motherboard with
stock air cooling and I'd like to monitor the CPU temperatures
(presshots etc, ya' know).  I have some limited Linux experience but
none with sensors.

Questions:
- Will the installed package read sensor chips and report them in FC3?
- Is there simplified, detailed instructions available? or
- Can someone post enough command information to get me started?
- Finally, does anyone know if this software works with my HW
combination?

Thanks in advance.