Installing Multiple Linux OSes

Jeff Stevens jeff1132 at charter.net
Sun Jan 23 15:23:21 UTC 2005

Banjo Mailing List wrote:
> just install it as it is grub will fix your solution and for the
> partitioning as long as you have the three basic partitions namely /
> /boot <swap> you're alright.  There's no proper sequence of
> installation whatever suits you and which ever you're convinient its
> alright

I am curious as to whether using existing / and /boot partitions will
result in binary files getting overlaid by the new distribution being
installed?  I did a 2nd install letting everything be automatic and
found that the partition tools automatically made a /1 mount point to
serve as / for the 2nd install.  So that made me think you can't install
2 OS to the same partitions...

--
Jeffrey Stevens