Interner configuration on FC3

Analog Kid sid.dev at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 19:30:51 UTC 2005

Hi,

   I use FC3 both at work and at home. At work I have a STATIC IP
address and at home I have a DYNAMIC IP (DHCP) internet connection.

  Everyday when I reach work (or get back home) I edit the
"/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0" file in order to change
from DHCP to static IP (or vice versa) after I start FC3 and then
restart the system for the new network settings to take effect.

  Is there a command I can run to restart the network detection
process without rebooting once I edit the ifcfg-eth0 file?

Thanks,
Sid
--
Siddharth Devarajan