alternatives to the 'man' command

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Sun Jan 23 19:56:08 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>Hi
>

>>Why did this functionality desappeared in Nautilus and Yelp is beyond
>>me, but I surely miss having a nice broser-like GUI to navigate the man
>>pages... I hope they re-add the feature to yelp and/or Nautilus (or RH
>>writes their own... which I doubt).
>>

>yelp has some fundamental changes in the backend and the man/info page
>support was not  readded. However gnome 2.10 in FC4 will likely have
>this functionality since its supported as a configuration option but
>disabled by default in upstream. I will ask in the devel list if
>redhat is planning on enabling it or not

I really miss that functionality... Good thing to know at least FC4 will
support GNOME 2.10... And judging from past releases, I'm pretty sure
they will pretty much keep the same functinality the GNOME developers
want to get into the DE... So I assume RH and hence FC will support
them... Much as the browser stile of Nautilus in FC 2 and 3, where you
had to enable that functionality in the gconf... I hope the will do the
same for the man and info support in yelp.