odd error message when doing rpm -Uv

Erich Noll enoll1 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 23 21:14:42 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm getting this error message intermittently when I do rpm -Uv to
install FC3 update rpms:

/sbin/ldconfig: File /lib/tls/i486/libc-2.3.4.so.#prelink#.zFX7nU is
empty, not checked.

This is on a HP Presario (i586) which has a standard FC3 desktop config
installed on it, plus all pertinent update rpms from the FC3 update
site.  Even though I get the message when installing some (not all)
rpms, the machine seems to work fine in all other respects.

I've already Googled and found some apparent hits, but no solutions.  By
the way I didn't do a swaret --upgrade at any time.

TIA

Erich Noll