Questions about "make rpm" with Fedora Core 3

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Sun Jan 23 23:43:50 UTC 2005

Speaking of how to do a kernel rpm for FC3 systems, what would be the
best way to do an rpm from vanilla sources? As of kernels 2.6 there is
no longer a kernel.spec file within vanilla sources. Even though I run
almost entirely custom kernels patched by myself and stuff, I'd like to
have a binary method to share kernels across a multitude of machines I
mantain, even if that means to build all those modules that I usually
don't build for my system. I'll do some experiments, I certainly want to
know how to make a pre-packaged version of the kernel so I can deploy a
custom kernel across the various computers I mantain.