should i bother??

Serge de Souza serge at cs.curtin.edu.au
Mon Jan 24 08:13:54 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Do, den 13.01.2005 schrieb O'Neill, Donald (US - Deerfield) um 15:55:
>

>>As for the local root exploit, unless you have untrusted users with
>>shell accounts on your machine, the 'local exploit' is a not a issue.
>

> No, no and no. Possible local root exploits are always, under each
> circumstance a risk. There is no excuse not updating by installing a
> bugfix kernel.
>
> Alexander

Is there a patch set for the 2.6.10 kernel that only includes security
fixes and no experimental stuff ?  I am currently using a vanilla kernel
and would like to patch it but can't really find anything kernelnewbies
says that "ac" is stable but http://kernel.org/patchtypes/ac.html says
the opposite.

Serge