upgrade problem: FC1 - FC3 Poweredge 650 ATA 100/4CH

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Mon Jan 24 09:05:50 UTC 2005

Hi,
I recently tried to upgrade one Poweredge 650 with a ATA 100/4CH
controller from Fedora Core 1 to FC 3. Latest BIOS/firmware is installed.

The system boots but tells me that there is no harddrive found to
install, and I have to manually select a driver.

The installer tells me automatically that there are two devices found an
e1000 Nic and the megaraid Controller - or which driver do I have to choose?

After that, the installer starts and I can select keyboard and language
but there isn't found the installed FC 1 system and I only can install a
new system (Desctop, Server, Custom,...)....

At that point I canceled the update.

Any ideas what can be wrong? How to solve the problem?

Do I have to use special boot options for FC 3?

Regards

Götz Reinicke
--
Götz Reinicke