Syslog Question (Receiving Remote Logs).

NICK linickx at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:25:52 UTC 2005

Hi,
I'm having trouble finding what I need... :-(

Does anyone know if it's possible to take incoming logs and write
different files for different sources ?

e.g. I have a Firewall , Mail Server & File Server. I've setup the
file server to receive logs from the firewall & mail server (using
@fileserver in syslog.conf).

All logs from these two machines then get written into
/var/log/messages on the file server.

What I'd rather have is /var/log/firewall.log &
/var/log/mailserver.log .... and leave /var/log/messages for _only_
the fileserver messages.

Any Idea's ?

Many Thanks