2 users on one FC3 system?

Dale Sykora dalen at czexan.net
Mon Jan 24 16:20:48 UTC 2005

Analog Kid wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    My friend and I are planning to invest on a high-performance Dell
> Dimension 4700 with all the "max" specs (costs about $ 2500) for
> running a highly memory and processor intensive design software on
> FC3.
>
>    Is it possible for the two of us to work on the same system (i.e.
> CPU) simultaneously under different user logins? We do have 2
> monitors, 2 keyboards and 2 mouses. What is the best way to accomplish
> this task so that we both can share the available computing power
> simultaneously? Do we have to build a mini-LAN? In that case would we
> need another CPU?
>
>    Any inputs will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Sid

Sid,
	If the app is cpu/memory intensive, you might want to consider an AMD
64 system.   If this is commercial design software, check how it is
licensed.  Many commercial design apps require a licence key to be
checked out while in use.  If you only have 1 key, only 1 user could use
the software at a time.

Thanks,

Dale