fglrx and AGP vs PCI-X

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Mon Jan 24 17:34:28 UTC 2005

     Has anyone gotten a machine with a PCI-X based Radeon 9600-XT
to accelerate properly with ATIs fglrx kernel model. I have been
buying Tyan motherboards in the past with AGP but for our newest
machine it seems I will have to go with PCI-X. I have some serious
concerns about switching to PCI-X. Do the stock xorg 6.8 drivers
provide the same level of accelerate under PCI-X as AGP. Also do
the ATI fglrx drivers support PCI-X as well as they support AGP
and will there be any performance hit from using PCI-X instead of
AGP?
                              Jack