Bizarre weirdness with del key and GNOME Terminal

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 17:49:01 UTC 2005

D. D. Brierton wrote:
> Maybe someone can help both of us out. If it is any help, I can
> definitely confirm that GNOME Terminal behaves properly for me if I'm
> logged in as root or a completely freshly created normal user account.

You say it's a new install. But have you brought your home directory
over from a previous install?

Try moving your .gconf* directories and your .gnome* directories (so
programs that expect them can't find them), log out, then log back in
again.

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | 'Defenestrate' means 'through / out' the window.  Does
Exeter    Devon    UK | not refer to people, necessarily.  Therefore the