Moving a PostgreSQL database from one server to another

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Jan 24 18:37:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 21:40 -0500, Brian Ashe wrote:
> Unfortunately man pages a great references and lousy tutorials. ;)

True. I can usually get along fine, though... it's rare that I am so
completely stumped as I am in this case.

I can (and have) recreated and input the data for two small tables by
hand on the other server. Is there a simple way, other than pg_dump, to
dump all the output of a single *table* to STDOUT?

Perhaps I can get around this problem by taking this one table to a
spreadsheet, then importing with \copy on the other server?

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>