Is YUM superior to Synaptic ?? (was synaptic evolution)

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 24 19:46:09 UTC 2005

Mike Hoy said:
[snip]
> Not a dumb question. no i have never tried anything other than synaptic.
> the reason is because early on a friend recommended it synaptic. he's the
> same guy that recomended FC3.
>
> is yum superior to synaptic?

Oh goody, another dep solver flame war...

Unfortunetly there are a number of people that, rather than try and
understand the problem, suggest that you change tools to see if it will go
away.  This sometimes works because the two tools are configured with
different files.

Judging from this and your previous question about out of date libraries,
I would guess that your apt is configured to use older repos instead of
FC3 repos.  You could post your config files to confirm that.

> What is the group opinion on the best way to keep FC3 updated?

Whatever works for you.

--
William Hooper