PCIE video cards and DRI

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Tue Jan 25 03:47:44 UTC 2005

Gain,
   I meant the Direct Rendering Infrastructure support in X11 just
in terms of supporting direct memory access of the graphics card.
Regarding performance, my main question was whether loading the
fglrx kernel module on an ATI PCIE card would yield the same
roughly 10 fold speed improvement in benchmarks such as glxgears
over what one gets without the fglrx kernel module being loaded.
Unless there are major problems with using the latest fglrx drivers
with FC3, I am leaning towards the ATI solution.
             Jack