Japanese Language in Fedora Core

Akira TAGOH tagoh at redhat.com
Tue Jan 25 08:50:01 UTC 2005

> Hi there,
>           I need to typeset in Japanese in Fedora Core
> 2 or 3. Can anybody give me a step-by-step procedure
> on how to do this? Or how to use the latest iiimf!

Though I don't know how much you want to know by
step-by-step, maybe you can find some useful thing from
RELEASE-NOTES and IIIMF FAQ
(http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/i18n/iiimf-faq.html).
also, our IIIMF testing guide
(http://apac.redhat.com/iiimftest/). it's an old stuff a bit
right now, though.

>> I want my environment to be in English but being able
>> to copy/paste Japanese text from Firefox to my word
>> processor.

>> And also I use sylpheed-claws to read my mail but
>> somehow I can't paste Japanese characters in it. Any
>> help from the pros would be most appreciated. :-)

I have no idea. perhaps you run sylpheed-claws on the
incompatible locale with Japanese, or you are missing
Japanese fonts?

Regards,
--
Akira TAGOH