Japanese Language in Fedora Core

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Jan 25 11:22:13 UTC 2005

superespectacularisimamente-spambuster at yahoo.fr wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the info. I followed all the
> procedures (installed packages, set locale, etc..)
> but I keep getting this message:
>
> (root at microtronyx:root)# /sbin/service IIim start
> Starting IIIMF input server: su: user htt does not
> exist [FAILED]

I don't know the first thing about IIIMF but this error message means
that there is no user "htt" on your system. This should have been set up
by the preinstall script for the iiimf-server RPM but for some reason
this has not happened. Are you using the FC3 iiimf-server package or one
from elsewhere?

You may be able to fix this problem by manually adding the account:

# /usr/sbin/useradd htt -c "IIIMF Htt" -r \
	-s /sbin/nologin -d /usr/lib/im -M

Paul.