how to turn off this function

BB Cao pearlsmm at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 20:37:00 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I am bothering by such a function. Any helps on
turning it off will be appreciated! The trouble
happens when using gnome terminal on FC3, for example,

after type in, "cd dir", when I hit Tab key, if there
are more than one directory or file named with "dir"
at beginning, the screen shakes (or some action like
refresh the whole window very quickly) so largely that
make me feel very uncomfortable. It won't happen if
hit Tab key after first hit, and it didn't happen when
I was on FC2 either,   any tips on how to let it don't
"shake"? Thanks.

Best,
 BB Cao