Newby needs help

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 26 02:54:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:30:35 +1100
Trevor Maranda <trevor at maranda.id.au> wrote:

> How do I change it now, because in my preferences/screen resolution menu
> it says 800x600 or 640x480? Is there a .conf file etc I need to change
> to also add 1024x768? Thanks for the help.

If you run system-config-display, you can try changing the color depth to
"thousands of colors" (if you have it set to "millions of colors").  Also,
take a look at the "Hardware" tab.  It's possible that your monitor was
detected incorrectly and that X thinks that your monitor *can't* do
anything higher than 800x600.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!