How to change Default Email App?

Dave fedora-user at nospam.dnsalias.org
Wed Jan 26 03:07:16 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 12:42 am, Glenn McKechnie wrote:
> Dave wrote:

> What fedora version are you running? I'm running FC3 here and
> applications is the start of the main drop down menu, under fc2 it's up
> one level in Applications -> Preferences -> PreferedApplications, if it's
> fc1 I have no idea.

 FC3, pretty vanilla workstation install. No Applications entry in the top
level menu. There is a Preferences entry, but no PreferredApplications entry
under that.

> The actual name of that application is
> gnome-default-applications-properties so fire up a terminal and see if it
> exists on your install, it comes as part of the control-center rpm
> (control-center-2.8.0-12 for fc3)

 It does indeed exist, and it would be nice if that sort of thing were placed
in the KDE menus if Gnome items are installed on the system. Thanks!