Failed MediaCheck

Jared Schrag jaredschrag at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 06:16:15 UTC 2005

I downloaded the Fedora Core 3 *.iso CD images successfully from the various mirror sites and
successfully ran the sumchecker md5sum on each file -- all were successfully checked.

I then proceeded to burn each image to CD using Ahead Nero 5, it has a function to burn discs
specifically from image files.

I then followed the instructions to very the integrity of each of the CDs I created by booting
from disc 1, and at the boot: prompt, I ran the command "linux mediacheck"; however, all 5 discs
(4 installation discs and the rescue disc) failed the mediacheck command.

Has anybody else experience the same problem?  Shall I continue using these CDs anyway, since the
original files I downloaded all passed the checksum test?

Thank you for your input.

=====