Newby needs help

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jan 26 08:20:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 15:25 +0800, Neo wrote:
> I think it's very *stupid* of FC or Linux to require end users to
> manually speicy the H/V refresh rates. On Windows, you never need to do
> that. I think there must be a *safe* default rates for all monitors.
> Linux developers perhaps don't know that.

Of course they know that. That is why the installer offers "generic
monitor that can do 1024x768" style options for people with monitors not
specifically listed by the installer. The ability to specify the refresh
rates is an *additional* facility to enable users to get the best
results from their monitor rather than the lowest-common-denominator
generic results.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>