[Need Help] Re: How to reclaim disk space from /lib/modules?

Choo Zhi Min zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg
Wed Jan 26 09:22:17 UTC 2005

Hi,

Below are the kernel rpms I have, the one I run is marked with ^. I
removed those marked with * using rpm -e command.

When I did a reboot of the machine, grub automatically loaded the kernel
marked with !, but it hanged at "Configuring kernel parameters". I chose
the previous running kernel (marked with ^ below) at grub menu at the
next reboot, and it was booted successfully.

What is the reason for the hang up? Is the kernel rpm corrupted? I did a
rpm -V on that package and it was fine.

Thanks and regards,
ZM

*kernel-2.6.5-1.358.rpm