YUM-Kernel update?

Manojav Sridhar manojav at manojav.com
Wed Jan 26 15:03:17 UTC 2005

Also its always a good idea to keep the old kernel around, just in case.
Some display drivers eg. "nvidia". may cause troubles if you upgrade to
a kernel that isn't supported by the drivers. also i noticed there is a
lot of working going on with the ide, ide-scsi kernel support , it seems
to changing a lot and seems to affect cdrecord as non-root user with

if you dont know much about what your doing, and aren't looking for a
kernel update to fix a particular problem i wouldn't bother with it
until bugs with the new kernel are ironed out.

this  i thinl is true when there is a kernel major version jump eg 2.6.9
to 2.6.10. typically minor version jumps such as 2.6.9-xxx to
2.6.9-xxx+1 aren't that intrusive.

just my $0.02