Default Browser in KMail

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Wed Jan 26 15:17:50 UTC 2005

I'm having problems getting KMail to open Firefox when I click on a URL in an
e-mail message.  Instead of opening the website, it simply opens a local copy
of the link in my /tmp directory, which does me no good if the site is PHP
based.

In my File Associations, I have Firefox chosen as my default manager for .html
files and it's at the top of the Application Preference Order list, and the
command is given as:

	firefox -remote 'openURL(%u,new-tab)'

which *should* open a new tab in a currently running instance of Firefox when
I click on a link in KMail.

The annoying thing is that this *used* to work.  It stopped working last
night.  The only thing that has changed, as far as I can tell, is that I
added a line to my user.js file for Firefox which calls KMail when I click on
a mailto: link.  I can't imagine that this would have any impact on KMail at
all, but I still removed the line and restarted KDE, just in case.  No joy.

Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong?

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford at mossroot.com)