yum error

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jan 26 15:50:33 UTC 2005

BB Cao wrote:
> I was trying to use yum, so you can imagine how fresh
> yum  sounds. I got the following:
>
> yum update mplayer
> Repository updates-released already added, not adding
> again
> Repository base already added, not adding again

You can fix these "already added, not adding again" warnings by deleting
the "base" and "updates-released" repositories from your /etc/yum.conf,
since they are already specified in separate files in the
/etc/yum.repos.d directory.

> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up Repo:  dries
> repomd.xml                100%
> |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> Setting up Repo:  updates-released
> repomd.xml                100%
> |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> Setting up Repo:  livna-stable
> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository:
> livna-stable
> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna-stable: [Errno
> 256] No more mirrors to try.
>
> How do I fix it? I guess I need keep update yum
> somehow ,if so, how? Thanks.

There may be a problem with your /etc/yum.conf file's reference to the
livna-stable repository. The livna reference should look like that
specified at:
http://rpm.livna.org/configuration.html i.e.

[livna-stable]
name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
baseurl= http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.stable
gpgcheck=1

You also need to add the fedora.us repo, as specified at:
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraSources i.e.

[fedora-us-3-core]
name=Fedora Core 3 -- Fedora US mirror
baseurl=http://SERVERNAME/fedora/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.os
[fedora-us-3-updates]
name=Fedora Core 3 Updates -- Fedora US mirror
baseurl=http://SERVERNAME/fedora/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.updates

where SERVERNAME is one of the mirrors listed at:
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraMirrorList

Paul.