This may be more of a Samba question but I'll give it a try

Williams, David williamsd at portsmouthva.gov
Wed Jan 26 15:58:46 UTC 2005

I want to share a folder on one linux server and mount it on another linux
server.  I am trying to do this via Samba.  When I perform a smbclient -L
servername -U username -w domain I get a list of the shares available on
that server.  I am not sure the best way to put that in fstab to mount the
remote share.  When I try: mount -t smbfs -o username=user //server/share
/mountpoint I get the following error:

16100: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

Do I have to mount this using smbmount?  If so, how can I put that in fstab
to remount that at startup?  Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David Williams