Remote LDAP management

Justin Crabtree crabtrej at otc.edu
Thu Jan 27 00:51:16 UTC 2005

Maxim Eremeev wrote:
> Anthony E. Greene wrote:
>
>> On 23:23 Jan 26, 2005 Maxim Eremeev <maxim_eremeev at umail.ru> wrote:
>>

>>> I think I'll have to try this one (though, the last time I used
>>> Webmin it just ruined my samba - it's still much safer to do
>>> everything through configs, but it's just a real pain to make an
>>> address book through ldifs).
>>>

>> I wrote a couple of Perl/CGI scripts and manage my LDAP address book
>> using
>> a browser. The scripts use temporary LDIF files and call the ldapadd,
>> ldapmod, and ldapdelete scripts that ship with OpenLDAP. It's a
>> kludge, but
>> it works.
>>

>> --Tony
>>

> OK, it's time for me to start learning Perl, I suppose :))
> Unfortunately, it's still a long way to go. Still thanks a lot for the
> answer.
> Regards,
> Maxim

I would highly recommend it if you are wanting to manage a LDAP server.
  I have been managing a LDAP server with approx 15K accounts using the
Net::LDAP module for perl and I can attest that it is a lot easier than
doing it through the system commands and ldif files.

--
Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer