K3b & Bootable CD

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Thu Jan 27 05:42:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 14:35 -1000, Amy M wrote:
> Antonio Olivares wrote:
>
> >--- Amy M <amymom at hawaiilinux.us> wrote:
> >

> >>What knobs should I turn on to burn bootable CDs
> >>(e.g., LiveCD) with
> >>K3b?  After several failures, I have resorted to
> >>xcdroast, but would
> >>like to use K3b.  Thanx.
> >>
> >>--
> >>

> >I hope I get your question, you want to burn an iso
> >image from a live cd iso.  Just select burn cd image
> >and you should select your live cd.iso
> >

> I was able to burn the LiveCD.iso, but it won't boot.  As I mentioned in
> the original post, iso images burned with xcdroast work OK.  Thus, there
> must be certain options that I did not check when using K3b.

	Hi Amy!

	There is nothing that you should need to do, other than ensuring you
are burning the image, not the iso!  The difference being that if you
look at the directory of the burned cd you should see multiple files,
directories etc. if done wrong you will only see 1 file (LiveCD.iso in
your case).

	I find that this is much more straight forward in k3b as was posted
earlier, selecting the burn CD image from the Tools-->CD menu

	HTH

Scott

--

Take a lesson from the whale; the only time he gets speared is when he
raises to spout.