java plugin for mozilla on FC1

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Thu Jan 27 09:50:39 UTC 2005

David Forsman wrote:
> I am running FC1 with mozilla and downloaded and
> installed java plugin version 1.4.2 on the system,
> went thru all the configuration steps, the system says
> it's running this version.  but the web pages that use
> the java plugin still won't do anything.  is there a
> work around or am I going to have to upgrade to FC2?

What version of Java do the web pages require? If they are specific to the
MSVM (i.e. the broken one) then they may well only work with the MSVM/IE.
What do you see when you attempt to start an applet?

Have a look in the Java console and see if there are any errors listed (IIRC
for Moz. that's in Tools->Web Development->Java Console).

E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555